Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold can impact moist environments quickly. When organisms seat and spread through hosting materials, SERVPRO is a trusted name to help with:
- Mold removal
- Attic mold removal
- Mold prevention
- Mold remediation
- Black mold damage repairs
The Benefits of Early Containment
Preventing the spread of active mold spores is critical to successful remediation. We erect physical barriers for open areas only partly impacted by organisms and seal off structural openings with thick 6 mil plastic sheeting. Establishing a contained workspace allows drying and mold management to be faster and more effective. The barriers also prevent cross-contamination of remediators and the rest of the house as work continues.
How Do Damaged Homes Get Remediated?
Choosing the proper remediation method is a vital part of the recovery process for homes and businesses impacted by mold and microbial threats. Between the severity of the situation and the affected hosting materials, a range of mold removal tactics are necessary. We can begin with approaches like surface cleaning, though more aggressive measures can sometimes be needed like sponge pressure cleaning, dry ice blasting, and sanding.
Can SERVPRO Perform Necessary Mold Damage Repairs?
Removing mold and microbial organisms from the property is only the beginning of the complete recovery your home needs in most cases. With demolition one of the remediation methods and the importance of overcoming vulnerabilities that allow for moisture damage, we lean on our general contractor license to help.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (919) 467-0880
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of North Durham?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (919) 467-0880
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of North Durham is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Durham community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2180 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: