Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold can impact moist environments quickly. When organisms seat and spread through hosting materials, SERVPRO is a trusted name to help with:
- Mold removal
- Attic mold removal
- Mold prevention
- Mold remediation
- Black mold damage repairs
The Benefits of Early Containment
Preventing the spread of active mold spores is critical to successful remediation. We erect physical barriers for open areas only partly impacted by organisms and seal off structural openings with thick 6 mil plastic sheeting. Establishing a contained workspace allows drying and mold management to be faster and more effective. The barriers also prevent cross-contamination of remediators and the rest of the house as work continues.
How Do Damaged Homes Get Remediated?
Choosing the proper remediation method is a vital part of the recovery process for homes and businesses impacted by mold and microbial threats. Between the severity of the situation and the affected hosting materials, a range of mold removal tactics are necessary. We can begin with approaches like surface cleaning, though more aggressive measures can sometimes be needed like sponge pressure cleaning, dry ice blasting, and sanding.
Can SERVPRO Perform Necessary Mold Damage Repairs?
Removing mold and microbial organisms from the property is only the beginning of the complete recovery your home needs in most cases. With demolition one of the remediation methods and the importance of overcoming vulnerabilities that allow for moisture damage, we lean on our general contractor license to help.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (919) 467-0880
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because removing all mold from a house or business is impossible; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of North Durham?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (919) 467-0880
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of North Durham is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Durham community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 2120 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: